• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CPC or CPB exam

Katy Shao

Laureen,

I need help on choosing which exam i should take? I also want to know is that which one will help me more in the real world when I go find a job? I know for sure I am good at billing and I know alot of insurance. Right now I am trying to study for the CPC exam but it is very hard though. I need help !

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
What course are you currently taking? What tasks do you prefer coding or billing?

Katy Shao

Before I have taken a Medical billing and coding course and I graduated from the school, I have taken the cpc exam back in 2011 and did not pass. But now I am trying to study for the CPC exam but its too hard. I feel like i like billing more then coding. But when I go find a job will it be easy to find? Because I noticed most of the jobs here in Houston required that you have a CPC Certification. So I am not sure what should I do?

Laureen

Queen Instructor
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
I think that is because the billing credential from the AAPC is still new compared to the CPC. Obviously if you like billing more then you should stick with that but I would still work toward getting your CPC in your own time. It is hard b/c it is new but we find by the time our students get to the 5th chapter it is much easier for them.

Katy Shao

okay, laureen thank you so much i think i will go for the CPC then. I have already bubble and highlighted all my book so far, right now is just reading throught the AAPC CPC study guide. Is there any tips that you can give me for the CPC exam?